To our valued patients, we are coming back!
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. In accordance with the Contra Costa County and California Department of Public Health regulations and guidance, we plan to open the office next week. If you have had an appointment that was cancelled in the last couple of months and have not rescheduled, we will be giving you a call to schedule soon. Priority will be given to patients with urgent and needed treatment that has been postponed. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our processes are created so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
In addition to our normal infection control protocols you may notice some of the following changes we made to ensure the safety of our patients and staff:
- You will receive an email appointment reminder two days prior to your appointment. The email will contain a link to complete our online screening questionnaire and our COVID-19 informed consent form. Please complete these required forms prior to your appointment. If they are not completed by the time you arrive, you will be asked to complete them via your mobile device. Here is the link: https://crowcanyonorthodontics.com/patient-forms/
- On the day of your appointment you’ll be asked to check in via text once you arrive at the office parking lot. You can text us at our main office number 925-553-7531. We will text you when your chair is ready, and at that time you can come up to the office. Upon arrival at the office door, those same screening questions from the online form will be asked of you again. Lastly, upon entry into the office, your body temperature will be taken by a non-touch (infra-red) thermometer. If you have any symptoms, we will reschedule your appointment at least 14 days out.
- All employees will also be screened daily in the above manner as well. Any employee that is experiencing symptoms will not be allowed to work until cleared by a medical professional.
- We will ask you to bring a mask to your appointment and have hand sanitizer for you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room is essentially closed (with exceptions for parents and guardians of minors) and will no longer offer magazines, or coffee and hot chocolate, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Plexiglass guards have been installed at the front desk and clinic areas to provide added protection.
- Appointments will be managed and schedules modified to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We will set this up to make sure that this does not result in longer wait times and limits the number of people in the office at one time.
- In addition, twice daily we will be disinfecting the office air using hypochlorous acid. This powerful cleaning agent is 100% safe for humans, chemical free, non-toxic and all-natural.
- Two separate True Medical Grade HEPA air filtration systems have been placed throughout the office, one in the reception area and one in the clinic area to facilitate clean air replacement.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (925) 553-7531 or email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We appreciate your patience and understanding and we value your trust and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming all our patients, neighbors and friends back to the office.
Dr. Arash and the team at Crow Canyon Orthodontics